- "A sophisticated bow with added strength, this is the first step in distance fighting."
- —Turok: Dinosaur Hunter manual
The Tek Bow is an iconic weapon of the Turok franchise, first introduced as Turok's signature weapon in Valiant's Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, and is featured in Acclaim Entertainment's Turok: Dinosaur Hunter.
The weapon was then carried over into the video game adaption and has been a mainstay of the series ever since, becoming one of its most recognizable features.
In Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, the Tek Bow has the design of a compact bow made of metal, with some parts colored a velvet-like red.
The Tek Bow returns in Turok 2: Seeds of Evil; however, unlike before, the Tek Bow is not available at the start. This version of the bow is made of iron and still maintains the compact design, sporting red stripes reminiscent of its predecessor's color scheme. The Tek Bow now has a scope that can be toggled for sniping.
The Tek Bow of Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion is an upgrade of Danielle Fireseed's Bow. Its appearance now has a draw string that can extend further, and it can only shoot Tek arrows. The bow now sports a light grey color to it. Like its predecessor, the Tek Bow can be used for sniping (by pressing right on the Nintendo 64 controller's directional pad), although the bow itself lacks a scope.
In Turok: Evolution, the Tek Bow arguably looks much more threatening that its predecessors and is not made of any metallic material. This bow appears to be made of animal bone, and it has a red pattern design to it. The Tek Bow now has its scope attachment back.
Turok: Dinosaur HunterEdit
- Tek Arrows: Restocks 5 Tek arrows.
- Tek Quiver: Restocks 10 Tek arrows.
- Regular Quiver: Restocks 15 standard arrows.
Turok 2: Seeds of EvilEdit
- Weapon (Tek Bow): Restocks 10 Tek arrows
- Tek Arrows: Restocks 3 Tek arrows
- Tek Quiver: Restocks 5 Tek arrows
Turok 3: Shadow of OblivionEdit
- Weapon (Upgrade): Does NOT restock any ammo.
- Quiver: Since the weapon shares its ammo with the regular bow, this pick up restocks 5 arrows for both weapons.
- Weapon (Tek Bow); Restocks 10 standard arrows.
- Explosive Quiver: Restocks 10 explosive arrows.
- Poison Quiver: Restocks 8 poison arrows.
- The Tek Bow can be considered the trademark of the Turok series, as it appears in many posters, covers, 3D renders, and artwork.
- The Tek Bow may be something that is granted to every Turok, as every playable character that has the title of Turok has this weapon at their disposal.
- It is one of the few weapons that appears in every Turok game of the original series with the exception of Turok: Rage Wars.
- Though the weapon is not available in Turok, Tek arrows are obtainable for use with the game's own bow, the ORO C9 Perforator Bow.
- A common error with this weapon in the series is that the first half of the weapon is visible, while the other half is below the screen. Though in some games, the left half clearly is not visible when the whole weapon is not as obscured. (See the Turok 3 image in the Image Gallery to witness this mistake)
- This is one of two weapons in Turok: Dinosaur Hunter that can make fallen enemies drop the Mortal Wound, the other weapon being the Knife.
List of appearancesEdit
- Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
- Turok: Battle of the Bionosaurs
- Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
- Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion
- Turok: Evolution
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Dickson, Bill (March 4, 1997). "Weapons & Ammunition". Turok: Dinosaur Hunter manual. United States: Acclaim Entertainment. p. 12.
|Weapons of Turok: Dinosaur Hunter|
|Weapons of Turok 2: Seeds of Evil|
|Weapons of Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion|
|Weapons and Items of Turok: Evolution|