- "We just finished the animated movie and now we're going into the feature film movie [which should lens] hopefully in a couple years."
- —Adam Beach, to MTV News
A live-action Turok film was slated to begin development in 2008, though news regarding the movie has been scarce ever since its announcement. The film is assumed to be in development hell.
- "There's a new Turok where he's a college student [...] His uncle has died, and he learns about the responsibilities of a Turok and jumps into it when his family is threatened."
- —Adam Beach
In 2002, actor Adam Beach announced that he was beginning to work on a live-action Turok film with friend and fellow actor Hayden Christensen as producer. It was to be an adaptation of Acclaim's comic series.
- "I'll have to beef up, and be a good guy, and save the world!"
- —Adam Beach, on becoming "Turok"
The film was re-announced by Beach in 2008 shortly after the release of both the 2008 video game reboot and the animated film Turok: Son of Stone. It was stated as being "based on the original dinosaur hunter comic book series and video game franchise." It was said that meetings were going to be set up and a script would be written and quickly pushed out into public eyes.
After the movie's initial writer failed to produce a script, director John Woo suggested that Beach be the "guy leading the force" for the movie's production. However, the investors disagreed with the suggestion and, ultimately, backed out of the project.
No other information has been announced in the few years that have passed, and as of 2018, there is no script nor any new news on the movie.
Adam Beach hopes that, eventually, those initially involved with the film will return and "get back into making that a possibility."
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Staff (June 11, 2008). "Adam Beach to Star in Live-Action "Turok" Movie". Moviefone. Archived from the original on November 7, 2015. Accessed August 20, 2018.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 O'Hare, Kate (November 23, 2002). "An American Mystery". Zap2it. Archived from the original on February 11, 2003. Accessed August 21, 2016.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Gibbon, Dave (June 12, 2008). "'Turok' live-action dinosaur movie unveiled". Digital Spy. Archived from the original on November 7, 2015. Accessed August 20, 2018.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 George, Christopher (January 11, 2016). "Interviews: Adam Beach - Star of Diablo and Suicide Squad". Spoiler Free Movie Sleuth. Accessed August 21, 2016.